When Your Bank Balance & Belly are Screaming, "Feed Me"
If you've ever had to make a decision between paying your rent and eating --you've freelanced for a living.
Nobody starts making money right away in their business.
And I am willing to bet if you're doing this thing right, you will invest at least 50% of what you make --back into your business to earn more.
Am I right?
- You will outsource the small mundane tasks in your day to work smarter
- You will buy Facebook ads or boost your social posts at some point
- You will dip into your transportation funds to attend free networking events
- Or dig deeper into your reserves to attend a conference
- You will pay yearly to maintain a website that hasn't been doing much promoting on your behalf lately
- You will pay membership fees, save "just in case I'm over taxed money", and make payments (to the tools that keep your business running)
- If you're really fancy you'll hire someone to coach you through it
But what you didn't anticipate were all the things that also drain your TIME.
- Prioritize email last on your list. Otherwise, the day ends without checking anything off the list
- Enable do not disturb on your phone. So family & friends who think "You're not really working" will leave you alone
- Avoid dinner dates and coffee chit-chats to accomplish more but end up anti-social
And still, yet, your balance & belly keep screaming: "Feed me".
What if, and this is a hypothetical what if.
What if, what you did in your business aligned with the service you do for others?
What if you spend those days not only building a body of work but helping others build their legacy too?
What if, they were one in the same?
Then...would your balance & belly instead scream, "I'm stuffed", "Full", "Overflow"?
It's only in that epiphany, we figure out how to leave our footprint on this earth.